Valtix is the industry’s first, cloud-native network security platform for enterprises. Consisting of the Valtix Cloud Controller and Valtix Cloud Firewall, the solution revolutionizes cloud network security by using a discover, deploy and defend approach. Valtix discovers cloud assets in real-time; deploys Valtix gateways via a SaaS portal or Terraform automation in minutes; and defends with the industry's most advanced cloud-aware security policies. Valtix is deployed as a distributed or hub-and-spoke architecture, is configured using cloud-native constructs, has built-in auto-scaling, and is consumed using a cloud-native usage-based model.
Valtix has been recognized as a 2021 Gartner Cool Vendor and has won the 2021 Global InfoSec award for “Next-gen in Cloud Security”.
This position’s key initiative is to provide operational support to the sales and operations teams, implementing and improving processes driven by data, while effectively working with all departments to implement standards of consistency.
The Operations Manager will also be responsible for sales reporting, sales forecasting, commissions, analytics, productivity, CRM maintenance and other Operations support functions.
- A strong grasp of financial and sales data and the analytics of that data is an essential element to improving the sales process
- A competent candidate will have Salesforce.com, or other CRM experience, in both determining what is necessary to track, and how to extract it from the system for reporting
- DIKW – Data, Information, Knowledge, Wisdom – seek to provide Why something is happening and What to do about it; data alone is a commodity
- Getting everyone on the same page
- The operations manager knows that data and analytics are the most powerful decision-making tools.
- Ensuring that the team is trained and using the tools in the most effective manner is critical to produce the analytics necessary for quick, accurate decision-making
- Remove inefficiencies so the team can spend more time doing their job
- The ability to maintain a database that holds all up-to-date and correctly branded documents is essential; Doing so can make the team’s job easier by allowing easy access to the right documents.
- Identify and implement fixes to broken or incomplete processes
- Have a bias to action vs status quo
- Work with the VP of Sales to create and maintain a world-class Sales culture, focused on delivering results by providing ongoing coaching and development of sales support staff.
- Provide ad-hoc sales/financial reporting / analysis as needed
- Develop and implement a process to monitor and manage Cloud Spend
- Develop and implement a process to track orders coming from CSP Marketplaces, ensuring tracking in SFDC and Finance
- Responsible for the development and implementation of new processes and procedures for effective and efficient team operations.
- Act as a liaison/partner between the Operations Team and other internal customers.
- Work closely with Legal to address contract issues or concerns and to ensure the timeliness of contract review.
- Work effectively with internal support departments (Marketing, Customer Success, and Product Development) to develop effective strategies that promote sales to new and existing customers.
- Continuously research and remain knowledgeable of industry trends and competition.
- Help finance with month end close
- Perform other related duties in support of the office as assigned by management
Requirements / Desires:
- BA or BS degree required or equivalent experience
Skills / Competencies:
- Urgency – A sense of urgency is paramount. Experience in a high-growth fast-paced startup environment is preferable. Do not apply unless you understand what this means.
- Ability to learn, perform and optimize complex interrelated processes. Proven capacity to decipher problems and propose solutions.
- Willing to take the initiative to seek out solutions with limited direction; Willing to take risks and to make mistakes, the best way to learn
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Salesforce.com or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system experience required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel Required, including Pivot tables; a test will be administered
- Experience in handling a high volume of inbound inquiries
- Excellent customer focus
Benefits / Perks:
- Early-stage stock options
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Catered lunch, snacks, fruits, drinks and monthly happy hour events (office locations)